A fast acting feline who alerted her owners to a house fire has been named Cat of the Year by an animal charity.
Tink jumped on top of Claire Hopkinson who was asleep in bed when an electrical fault sparked a fire at a neighbouring property in Shrewsbury.
Her family managed to get out of the house safely but Tink was overcome by the smoke and had to be revived by firefighters using a tiny oxygen mask.
“Without Tink we wouldn’t be here today,” said Mrs Hopkinson.
“Tink is a very valued family member she’s very precious to us
“Without Tink we wouldn’t been here today. It would have wrecked our lives if she had died in the fire.”