Cat videos are so ubiquitous on the Internet that they’ve become shorthand for the most trivial kind of clickbait. But a new exhibition called How Cats Took Over the Internet, now at Museum of the Moving Image in New York City, suggests that these feline videos can be more than a waste of time.
- Cat videos are a great mirror for the rise of online media.
- Cats do not actually dominate the Internet.
- Watching those cat videos may actually be good for you.
- Many of the people investigating the Internet cat videos do not actually consider themselves cat people.
- When we watch cat videos, we’re really looking for moments that remind us of ourselves.